POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study for athmospheres (WIP) : Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP)
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 12 Jun 2007 15:24:08
Message: <466ef2d8@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> I've seen skies like that and I like your image. I must say that I like
> Bruno's as well. Both of the methods give very desirable results, although

two simular but slightly different approaches .... kind of funny
(coincidence) that we both were working on skies at the same time. Thats why
I joined in on this thread. This is a pretty good group of folks and it's
nice to be able to bounce ideas and techniques around. I really respect the
talents and approaches of some of the folks here .... math, logic .... etc.
I'm kind of a trial and error guy, so I'm constantly blown away at some of
the stuff I seen over the past couple of years.

> I fear that they would both distract from the rest of the scene. That is,
> you wouldn't want to use them where they weren't the focal point of the
> image.

hmmmm .... I guess I see your point. I think I've always seen the sky as
dressing around the scene. I'm working on shore grass, a fishing dory and
some other ground cover for this scene.

> Is that the moon? If so, is the phase right or is it just a marker for
> interest?

 yep .... it's the moon although a rough draft version. I have a shooting
star that I used Nathan Kopp's Lens Flare include to put a sparkle on the
head of the star trail .... that's a work in progress too.

Jim