POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Harold on the road #2 : Re: Harold on the road #2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Harold on the road #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jun 2007 03:44:38
Message: <466e4ee6$1@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht

> Can it not?  Have you seen Final Fantasy Advent Child?  Better than FF the

> crafted by americans)... Very photorealistic and looks amazing.  OTOH,
> people who have not played FF VII won't get it anyway...

<grin> I was sure to sollicite some reaction with that :-)
I am not much familiar with that I must confess, and the boundaries towards
photo realism can indeed become rather blurred, I agree. However, I don't
know. Take for example films like Akira, Ghost in a Shell, or Spirited Away,
turning those into photo realistic works would totally change the concept
and destroy a large part of their magic (while probably creating new magic
of their own)... and it is a question of personal taste of course.

Thomas