POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study for athmospheres (WIP) : Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jun 2007 03:31:55
Message: <466e4beb$1@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> schreef in bericht

> I can't imagine I can do something you can't Thomas :o)! Seeing your
> latest
> scenes and your latest entries, you are at pre-guru state and speeding
> very
> fast!! YOU could tell us so much!

Thanks Bruno, but I disagree  :-)
I am fairly good at a couple of things, but there are vast territories that
I find very difficult and this is one of them. I have been playing awhile
with Abe's code (in 2006 I think) which addressed essentially the same
question, but I think that you are already farther in the development.

But if this study leads me (or us, Jim and
> I, if we can share and dig) to something reasonably usable and
> determinitstic, I will be proud of telling the way I proceed. As I already
> told here, I try to imitate nature.

I follow the thread with great attention!!

> To be honest, I have a wider goal, but it is too early now.

<grin> Of course! I could tell!! :-)

> Attached: a dense cloud cover with 5 degrees sun elevation.

Looks very natural!

Thomas