POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tropical Island Scene : Re: Tropical Island Scene Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tropical Island Scene
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jun 2007 03:25:20
Message: <466e4a60$1@news.povray.org>
"FlaPovFan" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.466d623c40380cde321f20430@news.povray.org...

> Thanks, Thomas, nemesis and Ross for the help.  Another redesign of the
> palm
> fronds to introduce some more depth and randomness.  The heightfield is
> scaled down along the y-axis and the color of the sand changed.  I finally
> backlit the clouds to help show off the "eccentricity" in Type 5
> scattering.

That's going into the right direction indeed.
Still... I am not entirely satisfied :-)
What about the lighting of your scene? From what I see, it looks like there
is a light behind the camera, pretty low (shadows from the palms) but there
seem to be other lights too (apart from the backlighting of the cloud). I
may be wrong, but I suspect that you use a lot of ambient in your textures'
finish. In particular the fronds are very bright and seem to lack any shadow
casting upon each other. The same can be said for the boat which appears
rather flat.

Thomas