POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study for athmospheres (WIP) : Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study for athmospheres (WIP)
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 11 Jun 2007 19:08:31
Message: <466dd5ef@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote in message
> Here are two versions of the same scene, with different elevation and
> settings. Both use radiosity, and have a sun aperture twice the real one
> (1
> deg instead of 0.5). For the first image, the elevation was 5 degrees, the
> second was 2.5 and You can notice that some sampling artifacts begin to
> show in the latter (some kind of horizontal bandings).

Wow .... I like the first image! I think you've mastered the dark clouds.
Very nice! Last evening we had a rather nice sunset here and I sat out on
the deck and admired it for as long as it lasted. I think I'll need a few
more tweeks to get the effect you've achieved. I'm in the process of
incorprating the radiosity settings that I used in the courtyard scene I did
some months ago. Perhaps I'll let it run overnight and dare anyone to go
near the computer ..... yikes Bruno you've raised the bar .... nice work.