POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Harold on the road #2 : Re: Harold on the road #2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Harold on the road #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Jun 2007 10:31:43
Message: <466d5ccf$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> I think the mix of cartoon and realism is perfect. Imo, if the image was
> photo realistic, it would not be as appealing. And the captions remind me
> of the cartoonist Glen Baxter.

http://www.chrisbeetles.com/exhibitions/Cartoons_2007/Cartoons_2007_Baxter_Belcher.htm

Baxter! I have been digging around in my mind for some time now about what
these captions reminded me of. Glen Baxter of course!

I agree also that I much prefer the mix of cartoon and realism. It is a
whole development of its own, standing apart from realism, in the same way
that - e.g. manga - cannot be represented by photorealism. IMO, Thibaut's

Belgian and French traditions.

Thomas