POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-fi experiment, a Homage =96 Nudity : Re: Sci-fi experiment, a Homage =3D96 Nudity Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-fi experiment, a Homage =3D96 Nudity
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Jun 2007 10:43:10
Message: <46696afe@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>> Ah! The Riverworld!!! First time I think somebody did a scene inspired by
>> Farmer's novels. Good start, Stephen.
>> Textures. I would make them more subdued I think, and more in balance
>> with
>> each other. Now they distract the viewer from the stream of bodies. Maybe
>> the groundfloor should be long parallel strips in grey accentuating the
>> movement.
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Ha! Funny you should say that. Some of the textures are yours, pinched
> from
> Moray and imported into Bishop3D. Specifically the capsules and the
> columns, Thank you I use your "User submitted" a lot. I hope you don't
> mind? (Remember Tom Lehrer's Plagiarize?)
<grin> On the contrary. They are there to be used! I suppose it depends on
the context if they appear more or less subdued. And, I must say, I have
much evolved my concept of textures over the years, certainly since I last
submitted to the Moray site.

> I like the long parallel strips idea. I've got another version with more
> bodies and a deeper view, I'll try that.
Curious to see that.

Thomas