POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-fi experiment, a Homage =96 Nudity : Re: Sci-fi experiment, a Homage =96 Nudity Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-fi experiment, a Homage =96 Nudity
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Jun 2007 08:21:21
Message: <466949c1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht
> Inspired by Gail's vision I started my own version. With a little help
> from
> the Riverworld series. (I hope that you don't mind, Gail) There are
> several
> things that I am unhappy with:
> I don't know what to do with the textures.
> The top of the capsule has me flummoxed. I don't know what to do with it.
> How can I improve the lighting? At the moment it is just 3 point lights
> with
> only one of them casting shadows.
> The views through the windows could be better but they are only place
> holders.
>
> Any comments welcome.
>
> Of course I've turned it into an animation and it is more respectable as
> it
> is hard to make out detail in the moving stream of bodies.

Ah! The Riverworld!!! First time I think somebody did a scene inspired by
Farmer's novels. Good start, Stephen.
Textures. I would make them more subdued I think, and more in balance with
each other. Now they distract the viewer from the stream of bodies. Maybe
the groundfloor should be long parallel strips in grey accentuating the
movement.

Thomas