POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 May 2007 11:00:52
Message: <465c4024@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

>> The pants are very nice now. I could certainly work a bit more on them,
>> but
>> I shall leave that for another occasion. There is now a next step in
>> complexity that I want to explore: breeches with bindings along the
>> calves.
>> I think I know how to do this (again, the tutorial manual give a number
>> of
>> useful hints in that direction) but I have to try this out on a figure.
>
> Wouldn't these be shorter pantaloons? I'm no sailor tailor, just curious.
> :)

There are a lot of different type of breeches, depending on historical epoch
mainly, and use. I googled some images and there are even a number of sewing
'patterns' for making them in RL. Not so useful in the mesh universe, but it
might give some ideas. What I want to try is the Celtic or the Viking type
of breeches, and bind them at the calves, perhaps with some additional
leggings (for winter) if I feel confident enough.
17:00 hours: the breeches are finished and ready for simulation. Next step
are the bindings...

>> <grin> yes the hat! Such a simple object, originally built from a torus.
>> wanted something outlandish anyway  :-)
>
> It is definitely unique and outlandish. :)

Yes indeed.

Thomas