POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 May 2007 08:37:59
Message: <465c1ea7$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

>> Not really, I believe. All this work on the t-shirt took only a couple of
>> hours or less, and that for a first experiment. The simulation in Poser
>> takes some time of course, but if all goes well you end up with a posed
>> image you are at liberty to use in POV-Ray as you want. In the end, I
>> guess
>> that we shall spend much more time in POV-Ray for scene building. Time
>> spent
>> in Poser is certainly worth it.
>
> Time spent in Poser is certainly worth it. I guess since I do mostly
> animations I spend more time there than you (at the moment)

Yes, I believe that is certainly true for animation. Stills are a lot more
easier.

>> So, maybe those endcaps are created in a 3DS version? I never
>> experimented
>> much with that format as .obj seems to be more universal.
>
> Yes that might be the case. When next I've got some free time and playing
> with Poser I'll experiment.

One thing I did yesterday, was exporting a conforming cloth in 3DS, import
it in Wings3D, and lo! the endcaps were there!!!

> When I used 3DS format the meshes are grouped and named (Head, neck etc.)
> but in my old 3d Max they are joined. As for leaving alone, I don't know
> about that. When making SpinKick the animation would sometimes just stop
> or
> leave the skirt behind. I felt, but could not prove, that some of the
> redundant faces and polygons were intersecting the model.

Hmm... No, in Silo I have first to merge the different meshes into one.
Those redundant faces and polygons might indeed intersect... However, if
you make the animation in Poser, there shouldn't be any redundant faces,
should there? Or am I making a false assumption here?

Thomas