POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP [63Kb] Studio-Lighting : Re: WIP [63Kb] Studio-Lighting Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP [63Kb] Studio-Lighting
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 May 2007 15:58:44
Message: <465b3474@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

> little script in Python. The method is obviously tedious, of course,
> when it comes to manually selecting and exporting some 53 different
> paths from Wings.  (And I am still not finished, the interior stitching
> of the toe webbing is yet to be done.)

Great result, but it sounds like a maintenance nightmare ;)

Did you consider the reverse approach, i.e. defining or modelling
the splines and generating leather bands using a macro or similar?
You'd probably need a second spline for the "orientation". Come to
think of it, does anybody know of a tool for modelling 3D splines?