POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 May 2007 03:59:24
Message: <465a8bdc$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> Nice job Thomas. The shirt looks much better dynamic vs. conforming. The
> pants look great. And I like his hat!

Thanks Janet! I think I got the incentive to transmogrify a lot of
conforming clothes into dynamic ones (at least those that would really get
better from the operation).
Have you noted how the shirt also nicely collides with the underlying pants?
I was a bit worried about that but it went well. The trick is revealed in
the tutorial manual. You just have to simulate the different clothes in
succession, from inside to outside. Each simulation will take the earlier
results into account it seems. The manual tells this a little bit more
confusedly though, so I was in doubt.
The pants are very nice now. I could certainly work a bit more on them, but
I shall leave that for another occasion. There is now a next step in
complexity that I want to explore: breeches with bindings along the calves.
I think I know how to do this (again, the tutorial manual give a number of
useful hints in that direction) but I have to try this out on a figure.
<grin> yes the hat! Such a simple object, originally built from a torus. I
wanted something outlandish anyway  :-)

Thomas