POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 May 2007 08:15:55
Message: <465824fb$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>
>> I think that what is missing, are a pair of small figures running in the
>> foreground. Preferably one male, one female of course, again in the mood
>> of
>> the 50's pulp.
>
> You're definitely better at that than I am!  :-)  I wouldn't know where to
> put 'em, or what kind of pose they should have.  Suggestions?

Well... In the mood of the 50's, it would probably be a square jawed male in
torn shirt, riding trousers and boots, running away, tugging a hysterical
girl in a torn dress, somewhere in the nearest foreground  :-)
However, that would not do justice to Wells' book. Better would be two men
in final 19th century dress, the narrator and the vicar come immediately to
mind, looking on or fleeing from the scene. Not easy to do but oh! what high
drama! :-)

> At one point, I actually thought of changing the entire "feeling" of the
> scene--by putting a small figure of a man in a dinner jacket, with a pipe,
> sitting in his evening chair, reading the novel! In his study, but with
> the
> walls of the study fading out--so that the larger scene is entirely in his
> imagination.  That would have been interesting (to say the least!)

Yes, that would be a very interesting development!!

Thomas