POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 : Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invaders From Mars! WIP 1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 May 2007 08:06:36
Message: <465822cc$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht

> I conciously avoided putting THREE Machines in;  it would have been too
> crowded. So the thought hit me that I could *suggest* the third Machine
> with just its ray--which then gave me the idea of having all the rays at
> different angles, to give the impression that all hell is breaking loose!

...which is very much in the mood of Wells' book. I took it from my
bookshelf this morning to browse through a couple of chapters. What you
could play with (in probably another scene) is the weird locomotion manner
of the Martian machines. Also, Wells tells us that the Death Ray comes from
a tube held high above the machine (at the end of an extending arm?). The
top (where the Martian sits) constantly swivels round as if observing the
surroundings, and also, in my view, as a necessity during moving around.

Thomas