POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 May 2007 03:04:19
Message: <4657dbf3$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

> Silo looks nice. It seems to have helped to cut the bottoms a bit. Anyway,
> your pantaloons are not that easy to UV map. :) Another trick is to warp
> the stripes in Photoshop (or whatever else can do this) by pinching them
> in
> at the wide part of the pant legs.

Yes indeed. Similar to what you see with those planet maps used for mapping
on a sphere.

> I think what matters the most with UV mapping is how close the UV map
> "mesh"
> is to the 3D object's mesh. The more deformation (stretch) on the UV map
> vs.
> the object mesh, the more warping you will get. Blender has the ability to
> minimize the stretch on the UV map. I don't know if Silo does, but it
> would
> be worth looking into. Especially if you want to use stripes! lol :)

I have to admit that stripes are not the most easy to map, but then it
immediately show also where attention should go and what the boundaries of
certain procedures are.
In fact, one should  make the map with the mesh ready. The best caset would
be to 'paint' on the uv proxies. I suppose that is why Poser provides the
base maps of the figures

> My feeling is that the morphing tool is better than the magnets. It just
> has
> to be, right, or why would they add that feature?

I agree.

>> You really like to rub in the salt, don't you?  :-)
>
> Yes, I'll admit it. Should I be kinder?

<grin> I'll survive! Will push me to Blender eventually, so keep on trying!
:-)

Thomas