POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 May 2007 03:21:00
Message: <46568e5c@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

>> It is knowledge of tayloring that is beginning to be needed in the first
>> place!
>
> From my memory of the 70's flares; Stitch (insert and join) a triangular
> section to the inside seam of rectangular sections and draw in the hem.

Yes, but will a modeller with uv mapping give the same result?

There is a work around that I have just started testing and which might be
the answer. I am adding vertical seams through those parts that widen
towards the bulges, from the top and from the bottom. This way, the cloth
panels are flattened out much more with less distortion as a result. Look at
the two highlighted panels to the left on the attached image, to see what I
have started to do in the ankle area.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: