POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 May 2007 08:43:19
Message: <46558867$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

>> That is what happens in fact, as the mesh is stretched, thus stretching
>> the
>> map.
>
> I thought that it looked like stretching. You will need to tweak the cloth
> parameters. What does a square centimeter of cotton weigh?

What I mean is something different. The stretching does not happen in the
Cloth Room during the simulation, it is already there in the basic mesh
where the width of the faces at the bulges is wider than at the waist or at
the ankles. Now, this is a thought indeed. Maybe, if I could model the
pantaloon in such a way that more faces were produced at the bulges than at
waist or ankles.... Hmm... I'm not sure...

>> There are breaks anyway along the seams (which you don't really see in
>> this
>> particular image). In accordance with RL, I provided vertical seams along
>> the front and back, and along the inner and outer sides, thus making four
>> panels, that were then rotated and oriented as well as possible according
>> the stripe pattern. Inserts and darts would be difficult to
>> simulate/model I
>> believe.
>
> Hmm, impressive! It is little things like that, that add to the look.
> Thinking about it. It might not be too difficult using subdivision for
> inserts and deleting lines and joining points for darts. But I'll leave it
> for someone else to do :-)

It is knowledge of tayloring that is beginning to be needed in the first
place!

>> Oh God! Dear old Rupert! Long time no see!!
>> His trousers would also show stretching, but maybe less visible? I shall
>> experiment.
>>
> Sad when you model things from your childhood.

<grin> As yet, I don't feel at all alzheimerish  :-)

Thomas