POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 May 2007 07:49:46
Message: <46557bda$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> If the stripes are getting wider due to the material stretching you might
> get unpredictable results.

That is what happens in fact, as the mesh is stretched, thus stretching the
map.

> Also in RL pantaloons have inserts and darts to give them the ballooned
> shape. That would make stripes an unsuitable design unless you don't mind
> break in the pattern.

There are breaks anyway along the seams (which you don't really see in this
particular image). In accordance with RL, I provided vertical seams along
the front and back, and along the inner and outer sides, thus making four
panels, that were then rotated and oriented as well as possible according to
the stripe pattern. Inserts and darts would be difficult to simulate/model I
believe.

> Although it is perfect for testing, Rupert the bear
> trousers might be better, IMHO.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Bear

Oh God! Dear old Rupert! Long time no see!!
His trousers would also show stretching, but maybe less visible? I shall
experiment.

Thomas