POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 May 2007 03:08:21
Message: <464bff65@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> Thanks, I'll have to check out the tutorial manual.
> You can triangulate quads in Blender easily. There are also some things
> you
> can do to get the triangles more irregular. There may even be a Python
> script for this somewhere. If I ever find one, I will let you know. I
> tried
> some stuff in Blender and this is what I could get so far. If you want
> more
> explanation on anything, just let me know.

Yes, this looks good, Janet, and shows the kind of irregular tesselation
that would work well with the Cloth Room. This prompted me to investigate
the possibilities in Silo, and I can indeed triangulate the quads but nor
really make them irregular like you can in Blender, as far as I can see now,
at least for a flat mesh. A 3D object is another matter. I have to dig a bit
more into this.
Well, one reason more to start on Blender some day :-)

Thomas