POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 May 2007 03:15:49
Message: <464aafa5@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

> Ah well, there are ways around it. The only other thing you might try is
> lowering the gloss (which I think translates to specular?) on the eye
> materials.

Yes, I am not too concerned about it presently. In the worst case I can
always do a bit of post processing.

> But what I really wanted to say is thanks for a little inspiration. :) I
> am
> playing in the cloth room!! And getting much better results after going
> through some tutorials. The cloth looks cool with a little transparency
> added (oh, not cool for Clive, though, he's too manly! - lol) One thing I
> have noticed is the resolution of the mesh can make a BIG difference in
> the
> quality of the cloth simulation. Anyway, have fun and I look forward to
> seeing what you do next.

Excellent, Janet! Glad to hear that!
Yes, the resolution of the mesh is really crucial, in particular for the
reason I state in my answer to your other mail.
I have a number of ideas I want to work on now. One of them being some
experiments with uv mapping. High time that I do that too. Otherwise,
constrains on the cloth are next.
You might say that all this is for the Black Robe entry, but no  :-)  I have
another thing in mind for that one (I won't tell).

Thomas