POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 May 2007 03:07:57
Message: <464aadcd$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> Hi Thomas, Here's another cool thing to try. Once you have the cloth the
> way
> you want it in Poser, and everything is saved as objs you can take the
> figure and the cloth into a modelling program (I use Blender) and make the
> cloth look even better by subsurfing and/or smoothing.

Yes, that is nice little trick. Interestingly, I have been playing with that
idea a bit yesterday while thinking about the best way to make a kilt (my
next step) or a skirt. I have also been looking at the tutorial manual of
Poser which is very comprehensive.
Now, one question for you as you use Blender:  On this site
http://www.poserfashion.net/tutorials.htm there is a bit of explanation
about the type of mesh that would be ideal for making clothes. The essence
is that a mesh built up of triangles with different sizes is the best for
crease simulation (examples are given from Maya, Stitch or Clothreyes). What
about Blender? Meshes made in Wings or Silo are regular and creases may show
up strange, but I am not sure about how Blender does this.

Thomas