POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wood screws : Re: Wood screws Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood screws
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 15 May 2007 10:37:56
Message: <4649c5c4$1@news.povray.org>
Marc wrote:

> Here the most common for wood screws is 'posidriv' , an enhancement of
> phillips, secure if you use the good size key

Yes, but only to certain limit. Pozidriv won't be delivering even near
the torque torx does easily. The reason is also simple, while torx's
head is flat when looked from the side:

Pozidriv:
|  |
|  |
\  /
 \/

Torx:
|  |
|  |
|  |
----

My ASCII is hidious, but if someone doesn't understand, I'll continue
with a photo :).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net