POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 May 2007 03:41:27
Message: <46496427@news.povray.org>
"FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht

> I also get eye spots if I use radiosity and high-gloss materials. After
> many tries with radiosity I just decided to use the PoseRay's light dome
> with soft shadows instead for most of my scenes.

Thanks, FlyerX! That is something I shall have to try too some day.
The spots appear also with no gloss applied in fact.
Have you any idea what causes those spots? Has it to do with Poser? Or with
POV-Ray's approach to mesh, as Gilles Tran said a while ago?

Thomas