POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3c Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3c
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 May 2007 05:30:26
Message: <46482c32@news.povray.org>
"William Tracy" <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> schreef in bericht

> My first thought, too, was that it might be reflections from the eyes.
>
> I have no idea what's causing them. :-P The only things I could think of
> to try that you haven't would be to render some close-ups of the face and
> maybe placing some random objects to try casting shadows on the
> highlights. If you can block the highlight maybe you could figure out
> where the light is coming from?

Even changing the position of the (unique) light source doesn't change a
thing!! They remain as bright as ever :-(  and more conspicuous in shadow
than in light of course.

> The posing of his hands is awkward, but that's easy to fix. :-) His shoes
> look kind of bland, too. The shoes themselves are okay (though cowboy
> boots would be better!) but the shadows and highlights seem to blur
> together on them into a brown blob. It only gets worse with radiosity on.
> :-(

Remember, this is about making clothes. I did not pay much attention to the
basic figure specs (except for the skin now) or a correct pose. All that
remains irrelevant for the time being.

> Otherwise, all he needs is a six-shooter. ;-) Nice work!

...one day!

Thomas