POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3c Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3c
From: William Tracy
Date: 14 May 2007 04:12:05
Message: <464819d5$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Thanks, William. Yeah... those spots worry me. My latest hunch is that it
> comes from the mesh geometry, after making facial changes, as the original
> does not show them.... However, I cannot explain why  :-(

My first thought, too, was that it might be reflections from the eyes.

I have no idea what's causing them. :-P The only things I could think of
to try that you haven't would be to render some close-ups of the face
and maybe placing some random objects to try casting shadows on the
highlights. If you can block the highlight maybe you could figure out
where the light is coming from?

(I'm up waaay later than I should be, so probably I'll get up tomorrow
and wonder what the heck I was thinking when I posted that.)

The posing of his hands is awkward, but that's easy to fix. :-) His
shoes look kind of bland, too. The shoes themselves are okay (though
cowboy boots would be better!) but the shadows and highlights seem to
blur together on them into a brown blob. It only gets worse with
radiosity on. :-(

Otherwise, all he needs is a six-shooter. ;-) Nice work!

--
William Tracy

You know you've been raytracing too long when you own (and USE) a
micrometer for scaling objects to raytrace.
Neil Clark