POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 May 2007 03:46:21
Message: <464813cd$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

> Thanks Thomas. That was interesting. It is quite a bit different from what
> get in my mat.inc files, but I am using v3.10.3.412 of PoseRay and I have
> Poser 6, not 7. But now you make me wonder where PoseRay gets its
> materials
> from when you import a Poser scene. In this case, maybe he gets them from
> the .PZ3 file, and not the .mtl file?? It would be a good question for
> FlyerX anyway. If he does get them out of the pz3 file, then he has his
> work cut out for him, I think. :)

The mat file has been given a overhaul indeed, and you can now control the
diffuse value in the finish for the use with image maps before exporting to
POV. There are also all kind of improvements in the Materials and Group
tabs. Well, FlyerX will tell us all when the time comes. He is going to
launch the update pretty soon I believe, so stay tuned there. I am almost
certain that Poseray gets the info from the pzz or pz3 file, as this file is
used, along with the obj file, to build the model and translate the relevant
info for later export. And it does a very good job too! So once again, a
huge thanks to FlyerX for his excellent work! Version 3.11 will be even
better :-) I have been testing it more specifically for the use with Poser 7
as there are some differences with Poser 6, for instance in the way files
are addressed it seems. Nothing that you can see really, but fundamental for
Poseray.

> Dang, those spots by his eyes come and go and come again with a vengence!!
> Its a very strange thing. Did you ever try taking the normal statement out
> of the Head__fullspec and Head__dull?

 No, I didn't. Good suggestion. For an instant I thought it was a stray
reflection coming from the eyes, but no. It looks like it comes from the
mesh geometry, although I am at a loss to explain it. I'll try the normal.
Thanks for the suggestion, Janet.

Thomas