POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 May 2007 10:27:51
Message: <4645cee7@news.povray.org>
So I explored a bit the Material Room of Poser 7, specifically for skin. It
appears that - except for the basic figure, which only uses a very detailed
image map - elaborate shaders are used additionally to obtain realistic
effects, including subsurface scattering (through a smart kind of shader).

This is an example of the use of the advanced skin settings, to which I
added the fastscatter shader that mimics subsurface scattering in Poser 7.
Exported to .obj, and through Poseray exported to POV, this is the result.
IMO, it looks better than only the image map as used in the previous
figures.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: