POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black Hole Research : Re: Black Hole Research - new version Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Hole Research - new version
From: Tek
Date: 6 May 2007 19:36:27
Message: <463e667b@news.povray.org>
"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote in message
> Alain wrote:
>> Orchid XP v3 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007-05-06 09:21:
>>
>>> Mmm... that ship *is* too close to the event horizon! ;-)
>>
>> In space, it's extremely hard to corectly evaluate distances. The black
>> hole may be at a somewhat safe distance...
>
> Well, if it's a stellar black hole, the schwarzschild radius shouldn't
> be more than a few hundred km and you don't want to see that as a disk.
> If it's a super-massive black hole, you don't want to be close enough
> to see a single star falling in as a large disk.

Fascinating discussion, really, but I feel obliged to point out that any
resemblance to real spatial phenomena is entirely coincedental! :-D

My sum total knowledge of black holes consists of stuff I've picked up from
Star Trek and the song Supermassive Black Hole by Muse.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com