POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ocean wave simulation : Re: ocean wave simulation Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ocean wave simulation
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 5 May 2007 18:29:13
Message: <463d0539$1@news.povray.org>
>> IMHO POV's license is GPL-compatible.
>
> In what sense? If I recall right (which is a big if) it makes extra
> restrictions (no commercial derivatives, for one) that the GPL forbids.

The way I understand it, modified versions of POV can be covered
by both GPL and POV licenses. Your program could be
written as a stand-alone, and would be clearly be separate from
other POV functionality if included into something like MegaPov,
therefore the patch could be licensed as GPL while other POV stuff
stays under the POV license.

-----
The problem with lawyers is that they're bloodsucking parasites
living off of others pain and suffering.