POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-fi experiment (75kbu) : Re: Sci-fi experiment (75kbu) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-fi experiment (75kbu)
From: Alain
Date: 4 May 2007 19:50:28
Message: <463bc6c4$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 04-05-2007 00:30:
> "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
>> Looks pretty cool. I think the lighting needs a bit of work, there's some
>> wierd shadows around the table in the background and near the ceiling,
> also
>> some coloured lights with a short fall off would look more sci-fi.
>
> The lighting needs work. I intend to use area lights, to remove to banded
> shadows, but it's slow.
You should use adaptive for all area_light. Start with adaptive 0, go to
adaptive 1 if you get artefacts (aray at least 5*5), adaptive 2 if you still get
artefacts (aray at least 9*9)...
With adaptive 0, area_light 1*x,1*y, 33,33 (or even 65,65) is almost as fast as
...4,4

With adaptive, the optimum aray size are: 5 (usualy to sparse), 9, 17 (I normaly
start at this density), 33, 65, 129 (this and greater are problbly overkill), ...

--
Alain
'hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?'