POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 1 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 May 2007 08:05:42
Message: <4639d016$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
news:3vog33pkg90aiilummgoeigiaff1e82po8@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 2 May 2007 11:32:02 +0200, "Thomas de Groot"
> <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
> wrote:
>
>>What I am still puzzled about is saving as dynamic cloth. That works - I
>>think - but loading it again doesn't show anything...
>
> What do you mean? "loading it again doesn't show anything."
> Show what?
Well, I thought that saving in Poser as a dynamic cloth, you could load it
again another time with all its characteristics, but what really happens
then is that a green cross appears, but no object, nor does the recalculate
dynamics work then. Oh well, I think I have to read the manual more
carefully...

> I have been saving (exporting) the objects as OBJ's. Remember that you
> have to
> export as multi-frame with the range 30 to 30. Where 30 is the number of
> frames
> in the animation. You loose the dynamic groups but I generally used
> materials
> for grouping.
Yes, usually I do that (although not multi-frame as yet). Still part of my
future experimentations.

> When the cloth folds in on itself don't be afraid to use a high number of
> steps
> per frame. For some of the dresses I tried I went as high as 80 and often
> used
> 60 steps per frame with an offset of 0.1
Yes, that is certainly true! I went as high as 10 till now, but just for
experimental purposes. I also noticed that the number of draping frames is
very important for the quality of the folding. I am going to increase that
too.

Thomas