POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Ubuntu?? : Re: Ubuntu?? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ubuntu??
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Apr 2007 13:56:08
Message: <462cf338$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hola,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with Ubuntu's version of Linux?

Hey thanks everyone for the comments! I took a look at openSUSE.org I see
what you mean (warp & other jim) about the hardware coverage. That website
had an extensive hardware guide .... impressive. I have dialup so I looked
at the boxed option .... $59.95 still not a bad deal considering the support
option that's included. Chris Cason answered on the thread I started on
povray.windows .... he seems to be an Ubuntu fan. I'm not much on bells and
whistles I just want something good stable and reliable. I cut my teeth on
RTE-VI then hp-ux, and I've just had it with MS. So again thanks everyone
for taking a moment to help me out.

Ciao Jim