POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before-After WIP : Re: Before-After WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before-After WIP
From: William Tracy
Date: 23 Apr 2007 12:52:43
Message: <462ce45b$1@news.povray.org>
> Just an idea, but perhaps the glasses could be really
> close, and in fact the camera is looking through the lens to see part of
> the cane behind it?

That's an interesting idea. I'll have to think about how that could work.

> Just to add some more interesting modelling, a shiny
> brass handle on the cane might be good (btw, I really enjoyed your
> animation of the making of the glasses--that was an excellent idea).

Thanks. :-)

> IMHO, I can't imagine that someone who would wear *those* particular glasses
> would use *that* particular cane (not that she could see it, but I imagine
> she'd pick something a little more unique).

Well, that's supposed to be the before-and-after bit--the glasses are
from a younger, more playful time in life. But, honestly, this image is
really about trying to use together things that I was already modelling
anyway. :-P

Yeah, I may need to spice up the walking cane.

--
William Tracy

You know you've been raytracing too long when you have had the urge to
recreate your house in POV-Ray.