POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before-After WIP : Re: Before-After WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before-After WIP
From: William Tracy
Date: 23 Apr 2007 12:48:10
Message: <462ce34a@news.povray.org>
> Image organization:
> The focal blur in the foreground is disturbing, as the eye must wander the
> triangle between small isolated background objects and a blurry foreground
> thing. Not a lot of pixels conveying engaging information is another way of
> thinking of it. All the glossy wood texture you showed previously is gone.
> The viewpoint on the handle does not help that. Perhaps putting specs and
> handle in a sharp foreground would be better?

What I had originally envisioned was to have the entire walking cane in
the foreground out of focus, and the glasses in focus. In terms of
composition, it didn't quite come out how I envisioned.

I had in mind the cane being the now (after), and the glasses being the
past (before); the present is up in your face where you can't get away
from it, but the viewer's mind is still focused on the past.

Visually, though, you're probably right. :-P

> Reality check:
> A walking stick / cane will typically be capped by a ferrule at the business
> end (to give grip on the floor), and will never be a nice shiny rounded tip.

D'oh. Can you tell that I'm not old enough to use these things myself? :-)

> Go well with your efforts - I look forward to more.

Alright!

--
William Tracy

You know you've been raytracing too long when you describe a criminal to
the cops in terms of a mesh.