POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before-After WIP : Re: Before-After WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before-After WIP
From: dlm
Date: 23 Apr 2007 08:48:19
Message: <462cab13$1@news.povray.org>
> Other than that, I need you guys to point out what's wrong with it. :-)

William,

Image organization:
The focal blur in the foreground is disturbing, as the eye must wander the
triangle between small isolated background objects and a blurry foreground
thing. Not a lot of pixels conveying engaging information is another way of
thinking of it. All the glossy wood texture you showed previously is gone.
The viewpoint on the handle does not help that. Perhaps putting specs and
handle in a sharp foreground would be better?

Reality check:
A walking stick / cane will typically be capped by a ferrule at the business
end (to give grip on the floor), and will never be a nice shiny rounded tip.

Go well with your efforts - I look forward to more.

DLM