POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP - Final? : Re: YARSOCP - Final? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP - Final?
From: Tek
Date: 21 Apr 2007 19:33:49
Message: <462a9f5d@news.povray.org>
It's based on a granite pattern, with a high poly_wave value to make the
veins thinner. Here's the code for the white marble (black's basically the
inverse of this):

pigment {
 pigment_pattern { granite colour_map { [0 rgb 1][1 rgb 0] } }
 poly_wave 8
 scale <1,2,2> rotate -60*y
 colour_map { [0 rgb .5][1 rgb 0] }
}