POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost rain (223K) : Re: Lost rain (223K) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost rain (223K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Apr 2007 04:31:40
Message: <46287a6c$1@news.povray.org>
Remy Closest wrote:
> Only one thing to say. With such a rain, the atmosphere would be more
> brumous far off.

   Yes, you're right. And I tried it, but with fog the effect was too fake,
and media seems like too much load for an already slow render... :(

> The lights of the lamp-posts seems to have the same power. Perhaps if you
> decrease this light power you will obtain still a more realistic vue.

   You mean respect to the sky lighting? I had a hard time deciding the
appropriate balance between realistic/artistic effect...

   Or did you mean the lamps should each have a different intensity? That's
an interesting idea, and something I didn't try before... thanks!

--
Jaime