POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost rain (223K) : Re: Lost rain (223K) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost rain (223K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Apr 2007 04:09:16
Message: <4628752c@news.povray.org>
Marc wrote:
> As others said, rain is convincing but the
> close 'drop' in the top middle.

   Yes, I was lazy and didn't try to find a better random seed...

> I usually don't recomend focal blur for outdoor scenes but with these light
> conditions, it is almost mandatory.

   With so many reflective/refractive drops all over the scene, it gets very
slow when using focal blur... but I will try, so I will have an excuse to
use XRS again with the two dual core machines.

> Now this is a dead-end image (sorry couldn't resist) as you lost the code...

   :) ...not really: I only lost the rain code, so the rewrite is not that
hard.

--
Jaime