POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP - Final? : Re: YARSOCP - Final? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:08:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP - Final?
From: Tek
Date: 18 Apr 2007 13:37:28
Message: <46265758@news.povray.org>
"Florian Brucker" <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote in message
> - The plants in the background look like grass, but if they're supposed
> to be grass they're too big and too much ground is visible. So I'd
> either go for the grassy look (smaller scale and more of it) or add some
> blossoms or similar stuff to make it look more like flowers.

They're spider plants.

> - As someone already pointed out the board is pretty well aligned with
> the table, a small rotation would look better IMHO.

It is already slightly rotated! By 1 degree to be precise. I think it's
enough to make it look like it's not perfectly straight, and I don't want to
turn it more since I think people would try to place their chessboard
roughly aligned to the table.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com