POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cathy's World #2 : Re: Cathy's World #2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cathy's World #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Apr 2007 07:05:25
Message: <4625fb75$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> ....and mine (well, Daz|Studio anyway).

Ok. Daz|Studio works quite well too :-)

> Great image, Thomas. I like the detail in this, and your posed figures
> always have personality. The brightness is an interesting issue actually,
> it's too dark on my CRT but looks fine on my laptop. I have the same
> problem with my images. I don't think this is something that can be easily
> solved; I think one has to just make sure details are not lost in darkness
> (or brightness) and leave it up to the audience to brighten/darken their
> display or gamma-correct the image.

Thank you indeed, Bill! Much appreciated.
I am currently and exclusively working on LCD flat screen, so I cannot
compare, but there is (was also) a certain difference. I suppose that with
the gradual extinction of CRT the problem will "solve" itself.... :-)

> Keep it up!

I will!!

Thomas