POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cathy's World #2 : Re: Cathy's World #2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cathy's World #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Apr 2007 02:59:12
Message: <4625c1c0$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

>> I like Poser very much and my "before and after" entry will show several
>> Poser figures. But I feel also that one has to restrain oneselves from
>> using
>> Poser everywhere. It has to add a significant value to the scene,
>> otherwise
>> it may look artificial. Oh well...
>
> I think it depends on what you want the image to be. If its a portrait
> then,
> that's a lot of Poser. And, yeah, it can easily look unrealistic. But,
> that's part of the challenge. I will look for the "Before and After" pic.
> :)

Part of the challenge indeed. That has a great attraction. Find the right
balance between the initial vision and the created scene...
Yeah, it's coming along nicely, I guess. I won't be ready with radiosity
renders, though, so it will be the best for the moment  :-)

>> One of my next projects will involve tayloring clothes...
> Do you mean making your own clothes, or modifying existing ones?

Well, both, probably. In the near future I shall need a whole new set of
clothes not to be found elsewhere, so that will be a good opportunity to
explore those areas. There is that tutorial that Stephen found
(povray.tools.poser) and I still have to get familiar with Clothing Designer
which looks promising. So, we'll see.

Thomas