POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cathy's World #2 : Re: Cathy's World #2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cathy's World #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Apr 2007 03:57:52
Message: <46247e00$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> She's too curious. :) I see what you mean by "in the shadows" now. I like
> the way the lights are streaming in. I am glad too, whenever I see people
> using Poser and POV-Ray together. Poser is not as easy as it looks (I
> find), to create an image that looks good from an artistic standpoint. So,
> great job Thomas!

Thank you indeed, Janet!

My question in povray.tools.poser concerned another image in fact where
radiosity should play an important role. Here, I didn't use radiosity at
all, as the render was already so terribly slow, so that I preferred using
v.3.7 on my dual core machine (and still 49 hours!).

Poser is very complex and I found (for now) that the best way to tackle
facial expressions and body language is to start from very simple basics as
found in the provided poses, and change those gradually until a harmonious
balance is found. It is very easy to overdue the effect, so one has to be
very careful. Especially the facial expressions need changes sometimes that
are hardly visible, but which convey a huge impact. And looking often into
the mirror helps a lot!  :-)  I think one has to be a bit of a (mental)
performer...

I like Poser very much and my "before and after" entry will show several
Poser figures. But I feel also that one has to restrain oneselves from using
Poser everywhere. It has to add a significant value to the scene, otherwise
it may look artificial. Oh well...

One of my next projects will involve tayloring clothes...

Thomas