POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cathy's World #2 : Re: Cathy's World #2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cathy's World #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Apr 2007 07:23:49
Message: <46235cc5$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> schreef in bericht
> Too dark (Warp)
> Too light (Stephen)
>
> Now, isn't that interesting?
> The scene uses the default gamma procedure for v.3.7. The only thing I did
> was resave the png image before exporting to jpg.
> The scene anyhow is rather dark because it is intended to be that.
> However, I can see the details well enough on my screen.

< I pressed send before I was finished...>
We have had this discussion before concerning the gamma in 3.7 I believe. As
far as I can tell, if I do nothing to my scene, it renders exactly identical
on 3.6 or 3.7, with the exception that WinIE shows the image far too light,
which is solved by just saving the image in PaintShopPro, without doing
anything. But otherwise, I see no difference.
Just the same, thanks Warp and Stephen to mention this :-)

Thomas