POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP : Re: YARSOCP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Apr 2007 03:10:25
Message: <46232161$1@news.povray.org>
"Jellby" <me### [at] privacynet> schreef in bericht
news:nkc### [at] badulaqueunexes...
> Among other things, Darren New saw fit to write:
>
>> Except that back-scattering off the atmosphere provides a much larger
>> area of light. Contrast the sky with the moon vs the sun, both of which
>> are about the same size. It's difficult to even look close to the sun on
>> a clear day.
>
> So similar are their sizes, indeed, that we can experience both total and
> anular eclipses... I find that amazing.

It is one of those random chances that nature offers us  :-)
If I am correct, we are also at the right time too, while the Moon is slowly
receding. So there might come a moment when only anular eclipses will happen
I believe. The astronomers among us can tell.

Thomas