POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP : Re: YARSOCP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP
From: Tek
Date: 15 Apr 2007 23:34:55
Message: <4622eedf@news.povray.org>
Actually because it's a curved reflective surface the reflection will tend
to appear very sharp. What you said is certainly true of flat mirrors but
the distortion in a convex mirror makes the image appear sharp (because the
image appears much smaller than in a flat mirror, so the blur is relatively
unnoticeable).

Here's a great example google image search found:
http://colourblind.ca/images/20050807233841_shiny_sphere.jpg
You'll notice the background is blurry but both the ball & reflection appear
sharp.

In any case, I'm using focal blur when rendering now, and pov's simulation
is good enough to accurately apply focal blur to reflections.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

news:462### [at] diespammerdieisitenetau...