POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cathy's World #2 : Re: Cathy's World #2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cathy's World #2
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 15 Apr 2007 16:34:03
Message: <46228c3b$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> After a cumulative render of about 49 hours, here is finally 'Age of
> Curiosity', the second part of my series Cathy's World.
>
> The long render is not so much due to the media, but to the use of Rune's
> Patina macro which covers most of the scene. The tunnel has been inspired by
> a sequence from the film Stalker, by Andrei Tarkovski.

You did a very good job then, because I was instantly reminded of that
scene  when i saw the picture.  I think the one complaint I have is that
it doesn't feel very wet somehow -- sort of like a drainage pipe
somewhere where it hasn't rained for a month.  I can't put my finger on
what it is that makes me think this.  I still like the image though and
you capture a mood well with it.