POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP : Re: YARSOCP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 15 Apr 2007 15:05:59
Message: <46227797@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> I'm not sure I follow. The sun's disk is 5 degrees in radius from earth, the
> brightness of it doesn't make it any larger

The sun might appear as a larger apparent "disk" of brightness
due to directional scattering in the atmosphere. In fact, compare
the two attached WIP images. The sun really appears quite small
in the version without scattering (and that was already 4 times
larger than physically correct).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'beach-320.jpg' (10 KB) Download 'beach-scatter-320.jpg' (10 KB)

Preview of image 'beach-320.jpg'
beach-320.jpg

Preview of image 'beach-scatter-320.jpg'
beach-scatter-320.jpg