POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP : Re: YARSOCP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP
From: Tek
Date: 15 Apr 2007 13:06:33
Message: <46225b99$1@news.povray.org>
news:46225066$1@news.povray.org...
> Tek wrote:
>> The reason it's hard to look at the sun is it's brighter than the moon.
>
> Right. I meant, it's difficult to even look within about 5 degrees of the
> sun. I think the disk that's projecting light is a lot larger than 0.5%.
> Of course, in POV you have to do things somewhat differently to get the
> same effect.

I'm not sure I follow. The sun's disk is 5 degrees in radius from earth, the
brightness of it doesn't make it any larger (like I say you can use a filter
to see that all the suns direct light comes from that disk). Povray can
simulate a circular area light of the same angle and brightness. The only
reason I'm using a larger one is because I'm taking some artistic license,
in truth a small ball on a table would have an almost perfectly sharp
shadow.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com