POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP : Re: YARSOCP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP
From: Tek
Date: 14 Apr 2007 23:27:46
Message: <46219bb2$1@news.povray.org>
Apparently, according to wikipedia, the sun's disk has a diameter of around
0.5 degrees from our point of view. That's equivalent to an area light at a
distance of 1 unit having a width of 0.0087 units, which is really not very
much blur. I'm using about 3 times more area_light blur than is realistic.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com