POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First image : Re: My First image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First image
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 14 Apr 2007 14:35:36
Message: <46211ef8@news.povray.org>
Elija wrote:
> I have a couple of questions though if you don't mind.
>
> How do I go about lowering the ambient light?

You can do this per-object like this:

sphere{0,1
  pigment{rgb 1}
  finish{ambient 0}  <---
}

> Is there a good tutorial on making my own textures?

Just look at all the example files distributed with POV-Ray. Many of
them use use texture libraries, so try to avoid those if you want to
make your own textures. When making a texture, just follow this
structure, and you'll be fine:

sphere{0,1
  texture{
   pigment{ pigment items }